Tuesday, April 26, 2005

"2 minute doodles" - Explained

Stating only the not obvious.

The doodler here is not me. It’s my mind. This fellow is a very restless character. I force him to be with me all the time when I am doing work or concentrating. When I am not doing any work (which is most of the time), he jumps at the opportunity, and goes wandering. He is one hell of a nomad, trust me. One moment he is in one world and the next second he manages to time travel into another world that is light years apart.

In between this aimless wandering of his, he does something even more aimless (at least that’s what I believed he did). He doodles into his imaginary notepad (and NOTE: only for 2 minutes, he does not have time you see).

Some days I let him drift off into his own world, giving him all the time that he needs. That’s when I get to spend time with him, that’s when I get to know him better. The difference here is that; it’s not him with me here, it’s me with him. I open his notepad, go through his doodles, trying to figure out what this guy has scribbled. It takes time to decipher. Yes, but the picture that gets uncovered, needs to be described. Further, it needs to be shared. That is what I am going to do here…verbalize and caboodle the doodles.

3 comments:

Brood Mode said...

I like the third person funda a lot! So u taken up writing too???

caboodle???? word-a-day??

Unknown said...

Thank you madame. Taken up writing? Hmm...good question. Read my previous blog. Might answer you.
caboodle...nah, I had read it somewhere.
Petrichor - I got that from AWAD. It did not exist even in dictionary.com.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!
I seriously cant come up with much else to dsay kripa.Its been ana age since i read some impressive metaphors adn they seem to be your speciality.
the rectified sine wave bit is just too good.I dont think i have ever read or heard a more distinctive description than this.
Of course in the world of capacitors adn inductors can you be far behind with semantics?????:) as always...