Friday, February 24, 2006

LeoMus

It’s been a really long time since my last post. Seasons have passed, without a post. Finally I have decided to wake up from my hibernation. After all its spring time. I have been sprung-up from my winter sleep not by the mere sounds of blossoming flowers, but by the mighty roars of Leomus. Who is Leomus??? Read along...

I feel like kicking myself for not blogging those wonderful weekend-outings, and those wow-incidents. Anyway I will try to put them in when I find time. All said and done, I could not let this big thing go untold. This buy of my life cannot go un-blogged.

In my previous post I had this:
"Someone said "Aim for the stars and you will end up on the tree-top". That’s exactly what happened. I dreamt of getting myself an Enfield Thunderbird, and ended up with a different bird."

Well, if that be the case, I have reached the stars. Yes. I got myself a Royal Enfield’s Thunderbird this Monday, 20th Feb 2006. It’s been dream come true for me, and I have been blowing the trumpet in all directions, with my accelerator.

Have a look at this beauty:

For More ....

K tells me that my bike looks like a horse. Well....you have to ride this bird to realize that though she looks like a mustang, she has the heart of a lion. Aptly, I have decided to call her The LeoMus.

The way she roars to life.

The way she gallops, thundering along. (You should listen to her when I enter the underground parking in office. The whole parking-lot reverberates, and not a single head is left unturned).

The way she cruises along, leaving the city behind. (You actually forget the fact that you are riding on Bangalore roads.)

The way city auto drivers give way after hearing the bullet thuds from behind. (She has the bullet Electra’s silencer. Not to mention she has a horn that is louder than that of a truck)

The way she flies over Bangalore-potholes with ease. (Gas-Shock absorbers)

The feel of controlling a 350 CC engine thundering under your feet.

The feel of cruising at a 100 without a single tremble.

The pride in owning a Royal Enfield.

The confidence & belief that she is capable of taking you anywhere from Kanyakumari to Ladakh.

....It goes on and on.

Those who ride a bike just to get from one place to another will not understand what I am talking about.

She might be 2 ½ years old, but for me this is my first bike. And I doubt if I will ever get over this New-Bike-Syndrome.

Leomus...keep roaring the way you do.
Leomus...but keep me soaring higher and higher.

5 comments:

Biswajit Sharma said...

Yes Not many souls understand what you are talking about .... Take care of the baby

Brood Mode said...

so u went and got yourself your first wife finally!

Usha said...

wow. Felicitations - yes, zoom into our territory in style!!
Lovely pictures of Gokarna

Unknown said...

@ 666 : sure dude.

@ brood mode: ;)

@ usha: thanks usha. will do that for sure. I have to make a trip to bannerghatta.

@ sophist: thanks.. btw whose name is zoe? Is it the bike or is it ur friend?

Anonymous said...

congrats ...m jealous :(
keep postin bout ur rides...